The central government has introduced a new rule for ration card holders that the ration card holders, whose income has increased beyond the prescribed eligibility, will have to surrender their ration cards. If not, they will have to pay a fine. Apart from this, some other changes have been made in the rules. In this article, we are giving you information about the income eligibility and where to surrender the ration card as per the new rules. Apart from this, we are also telling you what other changes have come in the new rule. So, for all the information, pay attention to this article till the end.
Currently getting the benefit of ration card
In the last 2 years the people of the country have suffered a lot due to corona, especially those who fall under the BPL category. The government had also started a free ration scheme to help them. Under which they are being given free ration. Let us tell you that the free ration scheme has been going on for the past 2 years and it is still going on till date. At present, the beneficiaries need not worry as the benefits of this scheme will continue till the month of December. The government is also thinking of extending its duration further. Although its information is not updated yet.
Important terms for ration card holders
The benefit of the free ration card scheme being implemented by the government is being given to the ration card holders on the basis of the following conditions and eligibility.
- The ration card holder must be a resident of India.
- The annual income of the ration card holder should not exceed Rs.3 lakhs.
- Ration card holder should not own AC, four wheeler, tractor or big vehicle.
- Besides, the area of the house in which he lives should not exceed 100 square meters.
What are the new rules?
The central government has recently made some new rules and made some changes for the ration card holders availing the free ration card scheme. Let us know what it is –
- As per the new rules, the ration cards of those ration card holders who are not eligible for the benefit of this scheme are being cancelled.
- Also families or ration holders whose income has increased and exceeds the prescribed eligibility limit. So they have to go to DSO office or Tehsil office and surrender their ration card.
- Apart from this some changes have been made under this scheme that ration holders will get ration between 7th to 15th of every month.
- And those ration card holders who are Antyodaya card holders will get 14 kg of wheat and 21 kg of rice.
Who have to surrender ration card
As we told you above that the central government has made new rules for the ration holders, under which the income of such ration holders has increased. They are no longer eligible to benefit from the government’s free ration scheme. They should submit their ration card on time. Otherwise legal action may be taken against them. And they may also have to pay a fine.
So as per the changes in free ration card scheme, if you are not eligible for it, surrender your ration card immediately, otherwise you may have to pay penalty.
#Free #Ration #Card #people #submit #ration #card #immediately #pay #penalty #rules